Profile Z-Coaster Hub
The Z Coaster® is a proprietary freecoaster style hub engineered, designed, & manufactured by Profile Racing. It essentially works as a spring/pawl cassette hub that can be disengaged into a freecoaster with varying slack options.
Highlights of the Z Coaster®:
- The Z Coaster®’s Pawl is “Z” shaped to allow for engagement/disengagement by the center Slack Cam Ring. This allows for adjustable slack by being able to switch cam rings. They are available in 20/33/45 deg, 60 deg, 75 deg, 90 deg, & 115 deg slack opti0ns. This means you can dial in the slack from less than 1/8 of a crank to a full 1/3 of a crank!
- The Z Coaster® has an outer driver support bearing for the oversized driver mechanism. This bearing supports the driver from the outside.
- The Z Coaster®’s pawls and ratchet ring have a proprietary coating that offer smooth engagement. There are 48 points of engagement: all pawls engage simultaneously.
- 36h Only
- Utility patents and design patents granted & pending.
- Made here in the USA at the Profile Racing factory.
Hub w/14mm GDH Chromo 9t Chromo: 583g/20.55oz